Yes, I know, a shameless attempt to get non-kde adivce on a kde related blog, but here is what I am "actually" blogging to discuss.
Everyone type the following in your konsole while in an empty directory.
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/tests/krichtexteditor/Now enter the directory krichtexteditor and type
mkdir buildNow run that application
cd build/
cmake ../
make
./krichtexteditor
Now use that to open a file with bullets or an ordered list (and this may even work with any rich test at all). In fact I have added below a list you can copy in there. Make sure there are misspelled words in the document.
- adadad
- asd
- adsdfas
- adsfdaf
- adaafa
When the spell check dialog comes up click cancel. If all worked as it did for me, you should now notice that the bulleted list has been removed. YAY! Actually this seems to be an issue in other things I've used with this as well. I haven't checked around into this, but I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating.
UPDATE:
Sadly, I wasn't hallucinating, and so here is the bug report. For those of you who have encountered this issue, you can follow it there. I'm going to try and see later this week if I can do something about this.
UPDATE2:
I forgot to post the bug report link.
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=188523
Hi. I followed your advice for building krichtexteditor on my Kubuntu Jaunty beta and I can confirm that the bullets (and all other text formatting) are gone after the spell checking dialog is closed by clicking the "Cancel" button. When clicking the "Finished" button the text formatting is kept.
ReplyDeletepara-n0id
You should major in what you enjoy. ;) For the "get a job" part, you do internships, etc. Not pick the magic field.
ReplyDeleteI don't see this kricheditor test in trunk
ReplyDeletehttp://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/tests/
what am I missing?
@annma: it is there, i just looked at the link in your comment, it is krichtexteditor, not just kricheditor and krichtexteditor is a directory and is the second entry from the top.
ReplyDeleteoh right, it does not show in the build dir as maybe it's not built with the other tests!
ReplyDeleteDid you forget to put the link to the bug report in your update to the post?
ReplyDeleteyes i did :p
ReplyDeletehttps://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=188523